About the Department
The Department teaches a range of courses in art history and cultural heritage (including heritage management, conservation and presentation). Research at the Department focuses on general art history from the Middle Ages to the present day, art in Central and Eastern Europe, patronage, art in North Moravia and Silesia, heritage care and management, sustainable development of cultural heritage, and public presentation of cultural and industrial heritage.
Why study at the Department
- We offer a modern concept of art history and cultural heritage studies, situated in the historical and interdisciplinary context.
- Students have the opportunity to gain work experience at various institutions (galleries, museums, cultural heritage institutions) during their studies, enabling them to cultivate contacts with potential future employers even before they graduate.
- Active and talented students can take part in research projects at the Department and its partner institutions.
- Students have the opportunity to travel abroad for study stays and internships via the Erasmus+ programme.
- We participate in a wide range of conferences in the Czech Republic and abroad, meeting colleagues from all around the world.
- We organize conferences (including student conferences).
- We organize excursions and trips in the Czech Republic and abroad.
- We are a small department, which enables us to take a highly individual approach to each student, creating an open, supportive and creative environment.
- We offer courses in English.
Updated: 24. 11. 2017